In fact, fall might be the most interesting season of them all. Here are five facts you probably didn’t know about the season. Check out this fun video I made in honor of the change in the air 🙂
1. It was originally called “harvest”. In a world that was far more agricultural, the season was defined by the harvesting of crops. It’s also a reference to the harvest moon, which was essential to farmers during the season.
2. Fall babies tend to be impressive. Not only does the world’s most common birthday, October 5th, land in fall, but those babies have built an impressive resume. The British Department for Education found that they tend to do better in school, and also tend to live longer.
3. Weight gain is most common in the fall. It’s not only the Halloween candy or Thanksgiving turkey. Researchers believe it’s primarily caused by lower levels of vitamin D. As the days shorten and temperatures drop, we tend to get less sun. It’s another reason to be careful about diet and exercise this season.
4. Autumn is good for the economy. “Leaf peeping,” which is a slang term for fall foliage tourism, is more than just a funny name. It’s also a 3 billion-dollar industry in New England alone.
5. People fall in love more in the fall. Men and women’s testosterone levels tend to spike in the autumn, which makes women even more attractive to men. A data study on Facebook also found that more people change their relationship status from “single” to “in a relationship” during the fall than any other season.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE’S BETTER HEARING:
At Quincy Hearing Aid of Quincy, MA, we want to ensure you are confident with your decision for not only your choice in hearing loss treatment, but also for the audiology office in Metro Boston you choose to start your or your loved one’s hearing healthcare. To ensure you are completely confident in your decision, we offer a few no-obligation, no-pressure ways to get started!
1. Find out what the most important aspects are in choosing the right audiologist in Metro Boston, or the South Shore for you or your loved one by reading our free report, “What to expect during your hearing consultation.”
2. Click here to fill out the form to receive your complimentary $500 Clear Path™ Savings Certificate.
3. Call 617.934.8155 to speak with a Quincy Hearing Aid team member right away!
Top Rated Audiologist and Hearing Loss Center in Quincy, MA and South Shore Boston.