Long-term hearing success doesn’t happen overnight. It requires a committed effort from both the patient and the audiology provider, a blending of engagement and experience into a meaningful, gradual shift in lifestyle.
That said, hearing treatment doesn’t have to be hard. With the following three factors in place, you can be confident that your debilitating hearing loss will become a thing of the past in no time:
1. A thorough needs assessment, and a comprehensive hearing test. I cannot overstress the importance of both of these. Any audiologist genuinely interested in your success must start by determining exactly what you need—where you’re struggling, what your communication habits are, and what your lifestyle is really like. Part of this process must be a hearing test designed to map the unique blueprint of your individual hearing loss. After all, the first step towards any medical treatment is knowing what you’re up against.
2. Technology tailored to your precise needs. Different hearing aids work best in different scenarios. For example, if you have a noisy, active lifestyle, you need advanced devices equipped to filter out the excess, with robust features designed to clarify the signal and interpret your world. It’s easy, in today’s world of instant gratification, to imagine that some “one-size-fits-all” approach would work, but this would do you, and your ears, a disservice.
3. A hearing professional who knows their stuff. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had patients come in who have received hearing treatment from someone else for months or years without any real benefit. There are plenty of skilled audiologists out there, but there are also many others who don’t take a genuine interest in their patients, or simply don’t know much about their craft. It’s important that you ensure whoever you’re working with has the track record, the passion, and the empathy to guide you to success—whether that person is me, or anyone else.
4. A commitment to keeping your appointments. Now, this may sound obvious coming from someone who runs an audiology practice, but regular appointments are essential to long-term hearing success. Hearing treatment isn’t a one-and-done thing, it’s a continual process in which your hearing professional will provide regular adjustments to your devices, and evolving advice on maximizing their benefits. We collect data on hearing aid usage whenever you come into the office, and we ask questions on how they’re working for you, both of which gives us essential information to optimize treatment outcomes for you and ensure you’re really getting all you can out of your significant investment.
Left unchecked, hearing loss can ruin your life. Luckily, unlike many other serious medical diagnoses, it’s actually pretty straightforward to treat with the right plan in place!
If you’re ready to discover just how easy and effective hearing treatment can be, give me a call at 617-934-6987 or click the link below to schedule your complimentary consultation. Together, we can make long-term hearing success a snap!
START YOUR JOURNEY TO YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE’S BETTER HEARING:
At Quincy Hearing Aid of Quincy, MA, we want to ensure you are confident with your decision for not only your choice in hearing loss treatment, but also for the audiology office in Metro Boston you choose to start your or your loved one’s hearing healthcare. To ensure you are completely confident in your decision, we offer a few no-obligation, no-pressure ways to get started!
1. Find out what the most important aspects are in choosing the right audiologist in Metro Boston, or the South Shore for you or your loved one by reading our free report, “What to expect during your hearing consultation.”
2. Click here to fill out the form to receive your complimentary $500 Clear Path™ Savings Certificate.
3. Call 617.934.8155 to speak with a Quincy Hearing Aid team member right away!
Top Rated Audiologist and Hearing Loss Center in Quincy, MA and South Shore Boston.